Protect your safety, shop safely
October sees the North East Retail Crime Partnership launch its new initiative aimed at protecting the safety of shoppers on the run up to Christmas. Shop Safe will be launched on Monday 30th October in Intu Metrocentre and will be in various locations across the North East throughout the week. The initiative will focus on card fraud, counter terrorism, purse and bag thefts, vehicle safety and counterfeit money and will have involvement from Northumbria, Durham and Cleveland police.
Sarah Bird, Head of the NERCP said “November and December are the busiest months for our high streets and shopping malls, it is important that shoppers are made aware of the risks so they can protect themselves and their valuables.”
Shop Safe will pop up at 8 locations in the region including:
- Intu Metrocentre, Gateshead – 30th October
- Redcar Town Centre, outside Boots – 31st October
- Hill Street Shopping Centre, Middlesbrough – 31st October
- Stockton Town Centre, Rediscover shop – 1st November
- Middleton Grange Shopping Centre, Hartlepool – 1st November
- Cornmill Shopping Centre, Darlington – 2nd November
- Byron Place, Seaham – 2nd November
- The Bridges Shopping Centre, Sunderland – 3rd November
Safety information will be available to the general public and advice given by the NERCP’s team of retail crime prevention specialists. Mrs Bird went on to say “The road show gives shoppers the chance to speak to our specialists and the police about their safety and fears they have relating to retail crime. We want people to feel safe and enjoy their shopping experience."
If you want any further information about Shop Safe please contact the NERCP team on 0191 221 9555 or at email@example.com
Visit our Shop Safe page for more advice